Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Special Date!

I just realized I never documented one of my favorite nights of the year thus far.  Ray surprised me with an overnight date night in downtown Asheville.  He had his mom and brother come stay with Raleigh for the evening, while we enjoyed dinner and an evening out.  We stayed in a fun hotel and got upgraded to a corner suite!  It was amazing! I really didn't want to go anywhere, I just wanted to stay in the room.  Ha!  We decided to get pizza for dinner at Barley's, which was right across the street.  Then, we hung out at the hotel bar (called wxyz) and sat by the outdoor fire pit for a little while.  It was perfect.  It was the first time I had been without RK overnight, but I did fine and so did she.  I knew she was in good hands!  I was definitely ready to see her in the morning, though.

The pool area - I've decided we must go back this summer.
They have bungalow style rooms at the pool level.  Perfection!



The sweet suite
Fire pit


 

2 comments:

I would love to hear your thoughts!