Monday, July 9, 2012

Getting closer!



I'm trying to wait patiently for her arrival, but it's hard when Ray is definitely NOT being very patient (he's ready to meet her and well, let's be honest, be off work for a little while!).  Whenever I text him while he's at work, he texts back with "Labor yet?"  

I've also gotten dates from my mother-in-law and my parents about when I can have her and when I can't. I wish I could plan it around everyone, but this is Asheville, where everything must be natural and childbirth is no exception! Haha.  Baby girl will get here when she's ready and right now she seems pretty content despite my efforts to get her out (i.e. eating hot wings three nights in a row, eating pineapple, walking a lot...).  By the way, I know they all understand the nature of it all and are just telling me the dates in jest, kind of.  ;)  

Anyway, I took some pictures of the nursery and other baby things that we've set up in anticipation of her arrival. The plan right now is that she will sleep in our room for the first few weeks.  We've set up what has been our "big laundry room" as a downstairs changing room so I don't have to go up and down the stairs while I'm recovering (eek - hope it's not as bad as I'm thinking).


Pack n Play where she'll sleep in the napper for a little while 

Even the tub is ready!

Downstairs room - sister is giving us their changing table, which will go in here as well!

She's never getting another stuffed animal (yeah, right)
I bought the bassinet from a family friend, who lives across the street from my parents.
Sock monkeys, Papa bear w/baby bear, and FAO Schwarz bear from Ray's family.
Steiff elephant from Marcella in Germany!
Bunny rabbit/blanket from the Keiths.
Jesus Loves Me pillow from Daphne. 

This is the chair that Ray was rocked in when he was a baby.  His brother painted it and his mom did everything else.  I love that it's special and pretty! 

Nursery upstairs


We've received a few of these as gifts :)

Daphne made these beautiful lamps!





The best picture of all!
 

2 comments:

  1. AHH!! Everything looks great Kimberly!! I love that bassinet... I may want to borrow it when we have our next one :) (So I just typed a ton on here, but erased it all when I realized it was the beginning of a novel...) Talk to you soon!!! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Haha, well text me the novel. You can definitely use the bassinet...it was Rob's when he was a baby so it's a little unstable, but you can collapse the legs down and it's good to go! Glad you're reading this :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!