Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Catching up

Just want to make a quick note of everything we have done since Raleigh's been with us!

July 18 - Raleigh's birthday!
Stayed in the hospital until Friday, July 20th.

July 28 - Charlotte for Courtney and Vinny's Wedding
Went to Charlotte 7/27. I was her MOH.  Raleigh sat in the front pew with Aunt Lynn and Ray and didn't make a peep!  We had our own little room at the Reception at Quail Hollow for which I was extremely thankful.  Courtney was so accommodating and understanding the whole weekend.  She was a gorgeous bride and they are one happy couple!!

July 29 - Daphne and Randy came to our house to celebrate my and Daphne's birthdays.

August 1 - Went to Spartanburg for another joint birthday celebration...this time mine and Ray Ray's! :)

August 18-19 - Knoxville to visit Ray's family

August 25 - Carly and Mark's wedding
Went to Charleston 8/24-8/27.  It was stressful traveling with Raleigh and, as a bridesmaid, having to be at different places at certain times.  It was a lot of fun though and a beautiful wedding!! Ray and I stayed an extra night to have some down time in a place we love.

August 30-September 5 - Atlanta
8/31 NC State/Tenn game at the Georgia Dome!*
9/1 Downtown ATL and World of Coca Cola
9/2 Ray's mom stayed with Raleigh in the hotel so we could go out to dinner by ourselves! We had an amazing night!
9/3 - 9/5 Braves vs. Rockies series - Go Chipper!
*We left the wipes in the truck and of course she had an extremely messy diaper during the game. I had to use paper towels.  The restroom was so crowded and the changing station was in the most awkward place - in everyone's way.  It was so embarrassing, but something I will never forget about!

September 7 - My dad's 60th birthday celebration!
Went to Charlotte for a wonderful party my mom put together for my dad whose birthday is on 9/11.

In between all our travels, some friends and family came over to meet Raleigh.  It really meant a lot to us!

Friends who came over to meet the baby
(Angela, Dalinda, Bill, Bryan, Kristen, Kendra)

Ray started training for his new job on September 10 in Knoxville.  He was gone for two full weeks but came home the weekend in between.  We missed him so much and he missed his baby girl!  A couple of my neighbors helped me out while he was gone by having me over for dinner and bringing me dinner. One neighbor even stayed at my house while Raleigh took a nap so I could make a Target run!

Raleigh Katherine has been one busy baby! It's hit or miss whether or not she does well riding in the car, but other than that she has done great running around with us.

Now that we're up to date, I can post more regularly.  Look for a monthly photo tab coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!