Thursday, February 16, 2012

Our little blessing!


We can now pray for our baby by name.  Meet Raleigh Kate! 

We found out at my 18-week appointment on Feb. 9.  
We could not be any happier about having a girl!  

I'm 19 weeks today and feeling great! I have been lucky to have not gotten sick at all, with the exception of one night a couple of weeks ago, but I don't think that was prego-related.  My worst symptoms have been a lingering headache (toward the end of the first trimester) and random breakouts on my chin and under my nose.  I haven't had either of those in the past few weeks.  I am so grateful!  Besides a few weeks of fatigue in the first trimester where I wanted to do nothing but sit on my butt, I have been trying to keep up with my muscle pump class and get some cardio in at least twice a week.  

Here are some quick notes and belly pictures if you're interested
     
                                                    
                                                             15 weeks 


17 weeks, 2 days
(at the bowling alley!)

18 weeks, 4 days
(Going out for Valentine's dinner!)

How far along? 19 weeks
Total weight gain: 6 lbs
Maternity clothes? Loving some maternity pants, but still trying to wear my normal work clothes and tops.  My favorite jeans just started being too uncomfortable to wear last week.  I think my butt is getting bigger!  What? Baby's NOT in my butt!  
Stretch marks? None (yet)... using Mustela cream every other night.  
Sleep:  I think my body wakes me up a few times during the night to get me off my back.  But, I haven't had to get up to pee like so many people told me would happen.  Sleep is good!  
Best moment this week: Finding out she's a girl and sharing the news with family and friends!
Miss Anything? WINE... watching the Bachelor does not help.  
Movement: She was moving like crazy during the ultrasound!  She kept grabbing her feet and then playing with her tiny hands.  I think I've felt her a little bit, but I haven't convinced myself that it's not other kinds of bubbles if you know what I mean. Ha! 
Food cravings: Subway - turkey sandwich w/pickles, jalapenos, and mustard; pineapple - which I haven't been able to give in to 
Anything making you queasy or sick: not really, but I don't like to look at or smell raw meat (but I was like that pre-pregnancy, too!) 
Gender: Girl!
Labor Signs: I'm not even halfway to that point yet. 
Symptoms: Heartburn!  Staying away from any triggers after experiencing a full day/night of heartburn on Monday.  I never knew it could be so bad! 
Belly Button in or out? In - I wonder if it will pop out, it's pretty deep! Haha
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Ray would say moody... actually, his words were "like a pendulum." Haha... I'm happy most of the time, but the house not being perfectly clean really brings out the worst in me! 
Looking forward to: Really feeling her move!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!