Monday, June 25, 2012

May Recap

I got away from blogging...again.  Let me try to play catch up!

May 4-6:
Mother-in-law and her best friend met me in Charlotte for a fun girls' weekend and my baby shower on May 6.

Me, Daphne (MIL), and Denise celebrating Cinco de Mayo at Pacos Tacos & Tequila
My friend since childhood, Caroline, just recently moved back to Charlotte (from working in Charleston for awhile) and bought her first house.  She welcomed several friends and family members over for my baby shower.  Everyone's comment when they walked in the door was "I love your house!" It is so charming and the landscaping is gorgeous.  A few pics of the shower decor...





The hostesses (L to R): Caroline, Carly, Jane

All the guests decorated a newborn diaper or two to provide us with some entertainment when we change those first few dirty diapers!


Sisters (L to R): Courtney, Amy, Ashley, Mary-Chase, Mama holding baby L!   Anna couldn't make it.

Best of friends! Carly, Molly and Jane
May 11-13:
Went back to Charlotte to celebrate my mom's birthday and Mother's Day.  More family time!

Mama and Daddy


Spent some time with this little chick! 

This is Baby L's face he loves to make for the camera!
May 18-20:
Went to Fayetteville/Hope Mills, NC for another baby shower hosted by Daphne and Denise.  It was wonderful to spend time with lovely ladies in Ray's family.  The shower was at a nice Italian restaurant called Pierro's.  I found out later that it was where Ray ate before his Senior Prom (at its downtown location).  Too funny!


Mmm chocolate pralines!



Daphne



(L to R): Denise, Mindy (who babysat Ray!), Sarah Grace (Ray's cousin), Daphne, Aunt Erin, Great Aunt Rachel

Kim and Jenel
 May 25-28:
Amy and Brent get married.  (Wedding pictures to come when Amy gets them!)  Coca Cola 600 on May 27...yes, 33+ weeks prego, and Memorial Day by the pool.

Sisters and Mama @ Bridesmaids Luncheon at Charlotte Country Club
Hosted by our family friend India Keith.
She also hosted mine there!
Rehearsal Dinner at the Duke Mansion.
Amy and Brent at the rehearsal dinner
Awesome groom's cake! 
Ray with my cousins, Alan and Luke
Mr. and Mrs. Bundrick! 
Casey (Ray's bro), Lanier (my brother-in-law), and Ray


They were SO happy that Kasey Kahne won!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!