Tuesday, January 15, 2013

fitbit

The hubby and I are both trying to be more active on a daily basis, so we bought fitbit zips for some added motivation.  The zip tracks your steps, mileage, and calories burned.  (I buy into the steps and mileage, but I have a hard time believing the amount of calories it says I burn while I'm just sitting on the couch!) I clip it to my sports bra if I'm in workout clothes or on my pants if I'm wearing regular clothes. Whenever you walk by the computer, which has the dongle connected, it syncs to your fitbit.com dashboard.  It starts over each day.  You can log your workouts, weight and food you eat on the dashboard.  It's great!
Ray frequently meets the 10,000 steps goal. But, being at home with Raleigh, it's tough for me to do, especially on these rainy days.  Having the tracker has helped make it a point to get out and be active.  Today, I ran a 5k on the treadmill in 31 minutes straight.  Woo hoo! While on the topic of the gym, baby girl does so well in childcare.  She hasn't cried once yet and they say she is just as happy as can be.  PTL!

fitbit zip

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!