Friday, January 18, 2013

Six Months

Raleigh Katherine is halfway to a year!

She loves:
  • Bath time - She's learned to splash with her hands and feet.
  • BabyFirst TV - We bought a couple of DVDs for the car, and it's the only thing that keeps her calm and entertained. No more crying in the car!
  • Fancy and Tink, and all dogs - She pets them and makes funny noises when they get around her.  Just wait until she's up and running - she's going to terrorize them!
  • Crinkly toys - She loves hearing the crinkle noise.
  • Noise in general - She has to hear the toy to appreciate it.  She has a play set of keys and she loves to throw them up and down and bang them on the floor.
  • People - She will smile at anyone (as long as she's not tired).  If she really likes someone, she will make lots of sounds!
  • Peaches, Pears, and Prunes.  So far, she doesn't like any vegetables!
  • Frozen yogurt - We gave her a few bites of my fro yo the other day and she ate it up! She loved it so much that she fussed when I didn't have anymore to give her.
She can:
  • Roll over both ways.
  • Sit on her own for a few seconds!
  • Kick so fast.
  • Clap (almost)
  • Make the sounds "B," "D" and "G."  (Most often - "dadadada")
  • Scream - in a good way!
  • Pick things up and pass them easily from hand to hand
Looking forward to:
  • More laughing.
  • Beginning to crawl...she's almost there!
  • Watching her pick up food on her own
Bedtime routine:  Bath, pajamas, bottle, sit and hang out with us for a little while if she's not tired yet, bounce on exercise ball/sing for a few minutes and then put her in the crib.  She usually starts crying the first time I put her down, so I go downstairs and wash bottles or do something that will take my mind off the crying.  If ten minutes goes by and she's not asleep yet, I will go up and pat her back.  Most of the time she will stop crying and fall asleep when I do that, but sometimes I have to get her out and rock her for a few minutes.  When I put her back in, if she starts crying, it usually only lasts for about 5 minutes before she falls asleep, but most of the time she just goes to sleep.  Some nights I just can't help myself...if she's crying, I'll go get her and let her lay in bed with me until she's completely asleep.  CAN'T. GET. ENOUGH.

At six months, RK is sleeping at least 10 hours through the night.  She is taking two 1-1 1/2 hour naps and one 1/2 hour nap each day.  She goes to Trivia with us every Monday night at Beef O'Brady's.  (Our team name is Team With a Baby.)   She plays in gym childcare for 45 minutes at a time while I workout.  She does great sitting in church with us, but I think I'll start putting her in the nursery starting this Sunday.  She still has her bald spot on the back of her head, which should go away as she starts sitting up more and crawling.  She's eating four (sometimes five) 8-oz bottles per day--one bottle every three hours.  She is still on Enfamil A.R. for spit-up, which makes her a little constipated, but it's improving and prunes and peaches definitely help with that!  We no longer give her gas drops at night.  She only cries when she's getting tired or hungry.  Sometimes she'll fuss if she's bored, but that can usually be fixed by a change of scenery.  Her two bottom teeth are in, and thankfully it didn't phase her!  She just drooled a lot more than usual for a few days. :)  She loves to feel her teeth on her bottom lip...I need to capture that face on camera soon!

For her six month photos, she was so cold in her white onesie that she wouldn't smile!  So, I re-took some when I put her sleeper on.  :)  

You can see her two little teeth sticking out of her gums in this picture <3








1 comment:

  1. She is so beautiful! So funny that she wouldn't smile until she was warm! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!